Welcome to Muscat Rugby Football Club!
Following the accession of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said in 1970 a large number of expatriates arrived in Oman to work on various Government projects. Three of these, Hamish Donald, Brian Fawcett and Tony Jenkins contacted a number of individuals they thought may be interested in their beloved rugby and on July 26th 1971 The Muscat Rugby Football Club was founded.
Muscat Rugby Football Club (MRFC) plays in the Gulf Conference & Gulf Premiership under the auspices of the Arabian RFU West Asia. We currently run a senior and vets squad as well as a junior section for all ages up to 16. Here on our website you will find information on fixtures, social events, how you can join and become a playing or social member, involve your kids and what benefits you will get by joining our community.
- Muscat Rugby Stuns In Season Opener Against UAE Shaheen Muscat Rugby Football Club, current Gulf Conference Champions, successfully opened their season in Dubai on Friday evening against UAE Shaheen. MRFC’s team dominated in all areas of the game to finish with a strong win of 53-0. Throughout the game Muscat applied the pressure needed to keep Muscat’s opponents at bay. MRFC’s dominance in the set play of the game was evident at every turn, with a particular strength in the forward pack which disrupted UAE Shaheen’s ability to protect its own ball. Thanks to new coaches bringing the team together and making them work closer as a pack, the team showed they are a force to be reckoned with. All players gave it their all though a particular mentions go to Macdara O’Ciardha and Jonathan Young in the forwards, and Gareth Osborne in the backs, all of whom went over and above to seal the victory. read moreRead More »
- Starting today, and running until the end of September, MRFC are partnering up with OUA to help you save money! Simply call in to OUA MQ, SCS Azaiba or ONAS out in Seeb and learn how to save money on your new MRFC membership. In essence, buy certain products and get vouchers. Use these vouchers to redeem up to 50% off your MRFC membership fees. That means you can get a family membership for as little as RO 50 for the September 1st 2017 – August 31st 2018 membership year, or a single membership for as little as RO 25. We think this is a great opportunity to save money, and speaking of, here is a round up of some – not even all – of the savings your new 2017-18 MRFC membership card can get you: read moreRead More »
- Join us for the start of a new season as we host our Back to School party. School uniform themed costumes strongly encouraged! RO 5 for non-members, FREE for members (2017-18 members). Not a member yet? Sign up now!Read More »
- Its time to lace up your boots again as tonight sees the first pre-season training session after the summer break – we’ll be running touch rugby sessions every Tuesday night for the next few months. Starting at 6:30pm this evening at the Royal Flight pitch (its the other side of the highway from the airport). Above is a programme of pre-season training sessions and below is a fitness session that has been put together by our Head Coach, Lee. If you would like to come down and check things out, you are more than welcome to – even if you are not a member. The more the merrier. read moreRead More »
- Best of luck to MRFC 1st XV as they travel to Kuwait this weekend. A win will secure the Gulf Conference title!Read More »
- MRFC kick off 2017 with a home game against Bahrain, hoping to continue their winning start to the season. Come on down and support the lads! When: Friday, 03 Feb. Kick off 15:00.Read More »
- Where: The Bank. When: Friday 10th Feb from 8pm. Come as your favourite movie character. Drinks promotions all night! Free for MRFC Members, 5OR non-members. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Read More »
- MRFC hosted Kuwait in the second match of the current season, and ended with an emphatic win. Match report to follow.Read More »
- MRFC have their second game of the season at home to Kuwait fonte: ohnerezeptfreikauf.com tomorrow, kicking off at 17:30. Come on down, show your support and help the lads continue their winning start to the season!Read More »
- Successful Omani business Muna Noor, has signed a sponsorship deal that will help to support the Muscat Rugby Football Club (MRFC) junior, senior and veterans squads whilst raising team profiles throughout the nation and the Gulf Conference & Gulf Premiership. Having recently celebrated its 45th anniversary and with an already winning start to the 2016/17 season at Doha, the Muscat Rugby Football Club continues to grow from strength to strength and now has over 250 players in its junior team alone! read moreRead More »
- MRFC Seniors got their Gulf Conference season off to a winning start away in Doha.Read More »
- MRFC travel to Doha on Friday morning to take on Doha 2s in Qatar. The season starts following a raft of changes to the structure of rugby in the Gulf. Muscat find themselves competing in the Gulf Conference alongside Doha 2s, Kuwait, Saudi Select and Bahrain Select. With Muscat having played 16 league games last season, the new structure gives more time off for the lads and pits the team against a more level playing field. Although the first game maybe on Friday, pre-season started for Muscat at the beginning of June, with Horizon Fitness Oman supporting the lads by offering free Horizon Fitness The Engine Room to get in shape. read moreRead More »
- MRFC will host the ever popular Halloween Party on the 28th October! This year MRFC Members will side effects levitra gain free entry to the event. It looks to be another great evening, and there will be some fantastic prizes on offer for the best dressed. Details on ticket sales for non-members will follow shortly.Read More »
- A viagra sans ordonnance win for Muscat in this pre-season friendly. Match report to follow.Read More »
- Muscat 1st XV will play a pre-season friendly on 31 Aug against HMS Portland. The match will take place at the Bowsher pitch from 18:30. Come on down and give the team the support they deserve on the eve of the new season.Read More »